- Installation and performance similar to a large format interlocking tile
- Can achieve an A+ rating in the BRE Green Guide to Specification*
- Accredited to the BES 6001 standard for responsible sourcing
Colours & Samples
Ashmore is a single lap, interlocking double plain tile. The hidden interlock offers ease and speed of installation and gives the appearance of traditional double lap plain tiles. Ashmore is designed to perform at pitches as low as 22.5° providing outstanding performance and versatility. With fewer tiles required to attain the traditional plain tile appearance, Ashmore is also highly cost-effective.
All of our concrete interlocking tiles can achieve an ‘A+’ rating (the lowest environmental impact) in the Building Research Establishment’s Green Guide to Specification (* element ref: 812410007, 812410018, 812410049).
Accreditation to the BES 6001 framework standard for ‘Responsible Sourcing’ means that projects using our concrete tiles can now achieve extra credits under BREEAM and the Home Quality Mark (HQM). Click here to find out more.
|Size of Tile
|267 x 333mm
|17.5 tiles/m² at 77mm headlap
19 tiles/m² at 92mm headlap
|Weight of Tiling
|48kg/m2 (0.47kN/m²) at 77mm headlap
52kg/m2 (0.51kN/m²) at 92mm headlap
|5.3 lin.m/m² at 77mm headlap
5.8 lin.m/m² at 92mm headlap
|Batten Size Recommended
|38mm x 25mm for rafters/supports not exceeding 450mm centres
50mm x 25mm for rafters/supports not exceeding 600mm centres
|45mm x 3.35mm
|The effectiveness of the tile or slate to operate at the minimum recommended pitch and lap may be influenced by special circumstances. Guidance on pitch and lap should be obtained from the Technical Advisory Service for the following:
• Interlocking tiles and slates where the roof slope exceeds 6 metres in length and/or the site is rated to be in a severe exposure category.
• Double-lap fibre cement slates where the roof slope exceeds 6 metres in length (severe/very severe exposure) and 9 metres in length (sheltered/moderate exposure).
Nominal weight of roof tile fittings
|Country of Production
|Health and Safety Management
|Can achieve an A+ rating in the BRE Green Guide to Specification
|Cured under conditions of elevated temperature
|Sand, cement, pigments, paints, recycled aggregates and binders
|> 60 years
|Can be crushed and used as aggregate and/or as an inert bulk fill
|Embodied Carbon Rates