- Mock-bond for a small format appearance
- Can achieve an A+ rating in the BRE Green Guide to Specification
- Accredited to the BES 6001 standard for responsible sourcing
Colours & Samples
Duo Modern interlocking tile is designed to look like, and blend in with the small format slates found in many regions.
All of our concrete interlocking tiles can achieve an ‘A+’ rating (the lowest environmental impact) in the Building Research Establishment’s Green Guide to Specification (* element ref: 812410007, 812410018, 812410049).
Accreditation to the BES 6001 framework standard for ‘Responsible Sourcing’ means that projects using our concrete tiles can now achieve extra credits under BREEAM and the Home Quality Mark (HQM). Click here to find out more.
|Size of Tile||420mm x 330mm|
|Minimum Pitch||22.5° Smooth (75mm headlap)
17.5° Smooth (100mm headlap)
30° Granular (75mm headlap)
25° Granular (100mm headlap)
|Cover Width||292mm (nominal)|
|Covering Capacity||9.9 tiles /m² at 75mm headlap
10.7 tiles /m² at 100mm headlap
|Weight of Tiling||50kg/m² (0.49 Kn/m²) at 75mm headlap
54kg/m² (0.53 Kn/m²) at 100mm headlap
|Battens Required||2.9 lin.m/m² at 75mm headlap
3.1 lin.m/m² at 100mm headlap
|Batten Size Recommended||38x 25mm for rafters/supports not exceeding 450mm centres
50 x 25mm for rafters/supports not exceeding 600mm centres
|Tile Nails||50mm x 3.35mm|
|Hanging length||397mm (nominal)|
|Notes||The effectiveness of the tile or slate to operate at the minimum recommended pitch and lap may be influenced by special circumstances. Guidance on pitch and lap should be obtained from the Technical Advisory Service for the following:
• Interlocking tiles and slates where the roof slope exceeds 6 metres in length and/or the site is rated to be in a severe exposure category.
• Double-lap fibre cement slates where the roof slope exceeds 6 metres in length (severe/very severe exposure) and 9 metres in length (sheltered/moderate exposure).
|Country of Production||UK|
|Health and Safety Management||18001|
|LCA study||Can achieve an A+ rating in the BRE Green Guide to Specification|
|Energy||Cured under conditions of elevated temperature|
|Raw materials||Sand, cement, pigments, paints, recycled aggregate and binders|
|Lifespan||> 60 years|
|Recyclability||Can be crushed and used as aggregate and/or as an inert bulk fill|
|Embodied Carbon Rates||